WHERE DOES YOUR MONEY GO?
Komen Greater NYC has a multi-pronged approach to fighting breast cancer:
- It addresses the community breast health needs of underserved populations in metropolitan New York
- It supports essential local education, screening and treatment programs
- It invests in crucial peer-reviewed research programs being conducted locally and nationally
- UP TO 75% of the net revenue is used to support local breast health programs and at least 25 percent funds peer-reviewed national and local clinical research
Last year, Luke & I raised over $2000 for Team Lisa thanks to so many of you. Team Lisa raised over $12,000. This year, we want to match last year, and our goal is $2000 once again. Please help us reach that number with your financial support. Online donations are simple, and the site is secure. Please go to www.komennyc.org/goto/paigeandluke and click on the "SUPPORT PAIGE" button above the thermometer and make a tax-deductible donation today!
Luke and Auntie Lisa on Race Day in 2009
Feel free to wager and donate based on the following: Will Luke stay awake for even 1 of the 5 K – for the first time in Race history? Will a very pregnant Paige make it through all 5K, or will she bail & take a taxi? WIll she even fit in the t-shirt?!? Will Luke fill up on the bread basket at post-race brunch?
WHY DO WE RACE?
- Because the greatest risk factors for getting breast cancer are being female and getting older
- Because breast cancer knows no boundary be it age, gender, socioeconomic status, or geographic location
- Because one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime
- We race because it makes a real difference - just look at all of those pink survivor shirts on our team in that picture to the right - they are a testament to our success.
Most of all, Luke and I race because we love Auntie Lisa and are grateful to have her in our lives.
Thank you everyone for your support!
Paige & Luke